Video Remote Interpretation, or VRI, is currently the fastest-growing foreign language service in the United States. VRI is a video telecommunication service that uses devices such as web cameras or videophones to provide spoken language or sign language interpreting services. Bridging the gap between on-site (face-to-face) interpreting and telephonic (over-the-phone) interpreting, Video Remote Interpretation Services are a critical component of the telehealth landscape.
Through a simple application, Telelanguage connects your Limited English Speakers to certified, U.S.-based interpreters.
In this post, we’ll be introducing the benefits of Video Remote Interpretation, and exploring the specific features, capabilities, and settings for Telelanguage VRI. Through this next-generation application for VRI, better communication happens between patients and providers which in turn supports better outcomes.
Why Video Remote Interpreting?
Video remote interpreting provides an opportunity for organizations to quickly meet the needs of limited English proficient populations, regardless of the language they speak.
Fast Response for Urgent Situations: VRI allows you to provide a fast response for both spoken languages and deaf and Hard of Hearing clients/patients. When the need for communication is urgent, VRI provides interpreter response in seconds.
On-Demand Interpreting Solution: Urgent situations, or situations not planned in advance, often call for the use of remote interpreters to meet language support needs. On-demand supports means having access when you need it, and at Telelanguage, we provide on-demand access to professional interpreters 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days year.
Enhanced Accuracy: The visual support associated with Video Remote Interpreting can provide enhanced accuracy for spoken language and American Sign Language (ASL).
Cost-Effective: Video remote interpretation fills the gap between over-the-phone and on-site interpretation services. Conventional on-site interpreting typically requires at least a two-hour minimum charge and possibly mileage and travel charges. VRI services can help optimize your interpretation budget while adding the benefit of visual support. When searching for a VRI provider, be sure to ask if there are hourly minimums associated with VRI technology. Part of Telelanguage’s commitment to our clients is that we look for ways to optimize and lower your interpretation costs, so we do not charge hourly minimums or extra expenses for VRI services.
Through Telelanguage’s secure, online portal, clients have 24x7x365 access to their data – which allows healthcare organizations to stay connected to vital data which supports more effective operations.
An Overview of the Power of Telelanguage Video Remote Interpreting Services. One application for on-demand access to certified video interpreters.
- Crystal Clear Quality
- Maintenance-Free Operation
- Intelligent Interpreter Routing
- 24x7x365 Technical Support
- Transparent, Analytics Platform
- HIPAA and HITECH Compliant
- Excellent compression for high-quality video even in areas with limited bandwidth
- 99.999% uptime service level guarantee ensures complete continuity and peace of mind
- iOS/Android applications typically update automatically depending on user preferences
- Select language and gender preference at the touch of a button
- Live support is available anytime you need it, 24x7x365
- 24×7 secure, on-line access to your data and billing information
- All security compliance regulations have been followed when publishing the application
- Any iOS/Android device (phone or tablet)
- Any Laptop or PC
- 1mbs up and down
- Accessible via WiFi or 4gLTE
- Supports most protocols
- Only one IP should be required
- Intuitive One-Click User Interface
- Select Video or Audio/Voice Interpreting
- Video Performance Control
- Adjustable/Customizable View
- Language Availability Clearly Displayed
- Search by Language or Country
- Select Male/Female Interpreters for Video Languages
- 3rd Party Voice Participation Capability
- Call History
Video Preferences: best quality, best frame rate, best resolution, limited bandwidth
Audio: microphone and speaker device selection/level adjustment/ mute; echo cancellation, auto microphone level
Camera: Select and test device
Server Configuration: IP and Port
Options: Save password, autologin, play at tone when participants join/leave, show participant name, adjust ringtone volume
How Telelanguage Can Help
Telelanguage has been a trusted name in language interpretation and translation services since 1991. We provide the largest network of U.S. based industry-certified interpreters to support the language needs of our clients. Our video remote interpreting services are designed to deliver the highest-quality interpretations for our clients.
- Customized Rate Plans
- A Cost-Effective Interpretation Solution
- Easy Assembly From Any Office or Field Site
- Staff Training and Dedicated Customer Support
- HIPAA, HITECH and ADA Compliant Services
- Available 24/7, 365 Days a Year
- Apple and Android Devices Compatible
- Fully Encrypted Connections
Gain a deeper understanding of Video Remote Interpreting. Download the Free Whitepaper to learn:
- How, and why, video remote interpretation is used.
- The difference between VRI and other forms of interpretation.
- How to find a certified, professional service provider.
Download the Free White Paper, Video Remote Interpretation: Harnessing the Intricacies of Human Interaction through Technology.
Ready to take your language services to the next level with Telelanguage?
Telelanguage is the leading provider of telephonic, onsite and video remote interpreting services, providing our clients with the fastest connect times in the industry and the security and speed of our proprietary telephonic and VRI technology. Our 5,000+ interpreters are superior-trained, certified and ready to speak in over 300 languages. 8% of the total U.S. population is limited in their use of the English language. New technologies, like video interpretation, give organizations the opportunity to serve LEP populations quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
Contact us for more information, schedule a free demo, and get your questions about video remote interpreting services answered.
5,000+ interpreters ready to speak in over 300 languages!
Call us today for a Free Demo at 888-983-5352
Quality and expert interpretations are available telephonically, face to face, or via video interpretation!