Are you passionate about becoming a professional interpreter? Would you like to join a team that is dedicated to community?
Telelanguage is currently hiring U.S. based interpreters for the following languages: Oromo, Amharic, Tigrinya, Somali, Swahili, Vietnamese, and Cantonese. Apply online here!
Telelanguage is Hiring U.S. Based Interpreters. Immediate Openings!
- Make money on your own schedule
- Work from home opportunity
- Use your native/acquired skills
- Help your community
- All applicants will be required to complete an evaluation to determine eligibility for hire.
Languages with Immediate Openings for Interpreters with Telelanguage
Oromo is a Cushitic language spoken by about 30 million people in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, and Egypt, and it is the third-largest language in Africa. The Oromo people are the largest ethnic group in Ethiopia and account for more than 40% of the population.
Amharic has close to 22 million first-language speakers (2007) and 4 million second-language speakers worldwide, of which slightly over 21.6 million live in Ethiopia (Ethnologue).
Tigrinya is spoken by about 7 million people around the world. It is a widely spoken language in Eritrea and in the northern part of Ethiopia.
Somali is an official language of Somalia, a national language in Djibouti, and a working language in the Somali Region of Ethiopia. As of 2006, there were approximately 16.6 million speakers of Somali, of which around 8.3 million resided in Somalia.
Swahili is spoken by approximately 16 million people throughout the world as a native language. As a second language, it has about 82 million speakers. Swahili is considered to be the lingua franca of the African Great Lakes region and other parts of eastern and southeastern Africa.
Vietnamese is spoken natively by an estimated 76 million people (2009), it is the native language of the Vietnamese people, as well as a first or second language for the many ethnic minorities of Vietnam. Vietnamese is the Austroasiatic language with by far the most speakers, several times as many as the rest of the family combined.
Cantonese is spoken by about 66 million people worldwide. Cantonese is spoken in Guangdong and Guangxi provinces, Hainan Island, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, and many overseas Chinese communities.
4 Key Qualities of an Interpreter
If you have a love or passion towards language, here are 4 qualities of interpreters that choose interpreting as a long term profession:
- You love helping and working with people: Being a professional capable of connecting people through language is rewarding, especially when you are directly involved in the process of providing understanding.
- Breaking down language barriers excites you: Every appointment that an interpreter is involved with helps break down a language barrier. As a certified interpreter, you’ll be instrumental in communication. Taking part in a process that leads to understanding is a key reason why interpreters are so strongly depended on.
- You have the ability to make critical judgment calls: Certified interpreters are reliant on their knowledge combined with quick thinking. Some interpreters can elect to work in the 9-1-1 Emergency or medical and healthcare industries, participating in life-altering situations. Regardless of which industry you choose, interpreting takes precision skills and the ability to work in fast-paced and sometimes stressful environments.
- You strive to continue to learn: Certified interpreters have the opportunity to participate in continuous training sessions, additional language, and vocabulary courses, and practices to keep interpreting skills sharp throughout their career.
Choosing a career in interpreting with Telelanguage results in changed lives, both for you and the people you’re helping to communicate. If you are looking for a rewarding career as a professional interpreter, apply online today at https://telelanguage.workable.com/
Telelanguage is devoted to providing the best possible work environment for our team of highly-qualified professionals. We’re committed to providing an environment where excellence is fostered and rewarded. As a result, there are many opportunities for advancement at Telelanguage.
5,000+ interpreters ready to speak in over 300 languages!
Call Telelanguage today at 1-888-983-5352
Certified interpreters available telephonically, face-to-face, or via video remote!