Zoom/Remote Interpretation Services
6000+ Interpreters in Over 350 Languages
If your organization has engaged in video conferencing or remote work this year, whether or not you can include an interpreter in your Zoom meeting may be a question you’ve asked. Fortunately for organizations across the country, adding interpreters for Zoom (and other remote meetings) is easy!
Utilizing language interpreters for zoom meetings and calls can help you provide communication and understanding for limited-English proficient individuals, regardless of the language they speak, and for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Learn More About Interpreters for Zoom and Remote Meetings
Can I add interpreters for zoom meetings outside of normal business hours? Yes! Telelanguage offers on-demand, certified interpreters in over 350 languages, over the phone or via video remote interpretation, and interpreters are accessible 24/7, 365 days a year. Adding a professional interpreter for Zoom meetings is not only easy for organizations, but Telelanaguage offers the fastest connect times in the industry to connect you to a live interpreter in seconds.
Who We Help: Industries Using Zoom or Remote Meetings for Interpretation
- Healthcare (Hospitals, Private Practices, Clinics, Telehealth, Emergency Medicine, etc)
- Social Services
- Police / Fire / 911
- Financial Services
- Telecommunications (Call Centers, Help Desks)
- Travel / Tourism / Hospitality
- Legal / Judicial
- Education (K-12, Higher Education)
Will language interpreters for Zoom meetings be effective?
Yes! Over-the-phone interpreting and Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) are highly effective means of interpreting. In fact, VRI is the fastest-growing foreign language service in the country. VRI bridges the gap between telephonic interpreting and on-site interpreting. 6 key benefits of Video Remote Interpreting include:
- Gain visual support with enhanced accuracy
- On-demand interpreting solution for both spoken languages and American Sign Language
- An interpreter can easily be added to any video conferencing platform (including Zoom).
- No special hardware required. Access from any computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet
- Maintains a face-to-face (personal) connection
Is customer support available to our staff?
Yes! Telelanguage knows that language barriers can come up when you least expect it. Certified, U.S. based interpreters can be added to Zoom and other remote meetings at any time. Find out the various ways we can add an interpreter to your Zoom and or Remote meeting.