Telelanguage connects people of different cultures and languages every day. As a global language service provider, we offer organizations a variety of language support, including phone interpretation services. Why is over-the-phone interpreting so important?
Imagine needing immediate medical care, but not being able to communicate your concerns or distress. Imagine needing to provide excellent and timely service for a non-English speaking customer with an urgent issue. Phone interpretation services allow interpreters to be connected to clients to resolve urgent barriers in communication. Telelanguage has been connecting organizations with professional interpreters for over 27 years. And when a language barrier arises, we know you don’t have time to wait on hold.
Many agencies have been using over-the-phone interpretation for years, but if you’re new to working with interpreters, it may sound intimidating. Telelanguage makes the implementation process seamless and easy by providing free training and support materials, and supplying our clients with highly customizable print materials. Telephonic interpretation is simply connecting highly qualified interpreters with patients, clients, students, residents, etc. via a telephone connection. In many settings, especially healthcare, dual handset phones are provided to allow the patient, clinician, and interpreter to all be connected over the same line.
Learn How Organizations are Improving Language Access with Telephonic Interpretation. Download the Free White Paper
While there are numerous companies offering telephonic interpreters, there are a few things that are important to note when looking for a new language services provider.
5 Things You Need From a Phone Interpretation Services Provider
- Certified and Professional Interpreters: You must be able to trust that the voice on the other end of the line has been extensively trained to provide the quality interpretation your organization needs. Currently, the industry standard is a 30-hour training course for certification. Telelanguage utilizes a 120-hour training course, coupled with a 370-page training manual, for a highly comprehensive training experience – exceeding industry standards. Special certifications and extensive training are required for specialized fields, such as healthcare, financial and judiciary. Telelanguage provides superior-trained and industry-certified interpreters to ensure that our clients connect to the most qualified person for their situation. Using Telelanguage mean having 24/7 access to credentialed and certified interpreters to provide the best-qualified language support for your clients, customers, and patients.
- Fast Connections: In emergency situations, connection speed is important for ensuring that a 9-1-1, police, and fire or medical team will be able to respond quickly. Telephonic interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year every day to take critical inbound calls. Fast connections can be critical for travelers or clients that have international businesses. Quick connections to a live interpreter for can dissolve a potentially stressful situation. Telelanguage connects you to a live interpreter in as little as 3-4 seconds.
- Access Globally: Having phone interpretation services at your fingertips means you can connect to businesses or clients wherever you need them. Global businesses and travelers can take advantage of phone interpretation services from anywhere in the world.
- Language Options: Phone interpretation services provide support in the languages you need. Telelanguage provides on-demand access to professional, U.S. based interpreters in over 300 languages. For situations that require more visual support than phone interpretation services offer, Telelanguage provides on-demand Video Interpretation, as well as On-site Interpretation, so no matter what your language needs are, you can address them swiftly and accurately.
- Robust Technology: Telelanguage has been developing a proprietary technological platform for over two decades for phone interpretation services. This technology creates the foundation for connecting interpreters, monitoring quality, tracking data and finding efficient ways to lower costs to our clients while improving the quality of their language access programs. This proprietary technology also ensures that there are zero outages in the event of a national emergency.
Why Organizations are Switching to Telelanguage:
More than 61.6 million individuals, foreign and U.S. born, speak a language other than English at home, and 8% of the United States population is limited in their use of the English language. Is your organization able to serve them? Superior language support is seconds away.
Have more questions about phone interpretation services? Contact us for more information or to request a free quote. More than 5,000 interpreters ready to speak in over 300 languages, available 24/7/365. Get in touch today!
Learn how offering language services can empower your organization. [Download the Free White Paper]
Connect in Seconds!
Call us today at 888-983-5352
Professional interpreters available telephonically, on-site, or via video remote!