Language translation Houston – As the third-most linguistically diverse city in the United States, language access is crucial in Houston, Texas. According to U.S. Census data, over 145 languages were spoken in Houston homes as of 2015. The city is multicultural, a major port city, Houston also has many academic institutions and very strong industries.
According to recent reports from Pew Research Center, the majority of the 11.1 million unauthorized immigrants in the United States live in just 20 major metropolitan areas, with New York, Los Angeles, and Houston at the highest percentages.
As a culturally and linguistically diverse U.S. city, the Limited-English Proficient and Non-English-speaking population in Houston relies on interpreters and translated materials to communicate. Telelanguage has been providing organizations and businesses with the highest quality translation services and interpretation services in Houston, TX (and across the United States) since 1991.
The following is a snapshot of language access needs in Houston, TX.
Language Translation Houston
Houston, Texas Spotlight: Language Access and Translation Needs
- As of 2013, Texas had 3.4 million immigrants. The Lone Star State has the second-highest foreign-born population in the country (accounting for 14% of all U.S. immigrants). Migration Policy Institute
- An estimated 400,000 illegal aliens reside in the Houston area.
- 28.5% of Houston’s population is foreign-born, ranking it 16th in the United States for foreign-born population.
- As of 2015, Houstonians spoke at least 145 languages at home (second only to New York and Los Angeles).
- More than a third of Houston residents who are older than 5 speak a language other than English at home, according to the Census analysis.
Source: Houston Chronicle
- African Languages
- Other Asian
- Other Indic
Top 3 Non-English Languages Spoken in Houston:
- Spanish – 33.7% native speakers. (2015)
- Vietnamese – 1.39% native speakers (2015)
- Chinese – 1.19% native speakers (2015)
Houston Population – Most Common Countries of Origin:
- Mexico – 2.58M immigrants India (2015)
- India – 194,378 immigrants (2015)
- El Salvador – 189,047 (2015)
Citizenship in Houston:
As of 2015, 78.1% Houston residents were United States citizens (national average of 93%). Compared to the previous year (78.6%), citizenship has been declining in Houston.
Translation & Interpretation Needs: Houston, Texas (Infographic)
Share this Image On Your Site
This spotlight – Language Translation Houston, Texas – highlights the most common languages and populations in need of access to
qualified interpreters and written translation services in Houston. Telelanguage has a large network of over 4,000 certified interpreters, and our professional translators are subject-matter experts. Telelanguage provides the highest quality language services and written translation in Boston and throughout the United States.
Language translation is available in over 100 target languages (and visa versa), and our interpreter services are available in 300+ languages. If your business or organization needs professional written translation, Telelanguage can help! Contact us for more information, request a quote or schedule a free demo today!
[Download] Free White Paper: Connecting Humanity through Technology: The Importance of Offering Language Services as an Organization.
Professional Translation Services and Interpreter Services
Call Telelanguage today at 888-983-5352
Providing expert translations and interpretations in Houston, TX, and nationwide.