Medical interpretation services are used in hospitals, doctor’s offices, health clinics, conferences, and all other health care locations where the patient or participant does not speak English or has a limited ability to communicate in English. Certified medical interpreters are trained in specific medical terminology to be able to accurately communicate medical information and facilitate communication between medical professionals and limited English proficient patients.
When your facility is in need of medical interpretation services, it is crucial to use trained and certified medical interpreters to provide quality patient care. Certified interpreters will also have key competencies such as experience working in high-stress medical situations, and adherence to strict confidentiality standards.
Who Needs Medical Interpretation Services
- Tele-Health Professionals
- Urgent Care and Emergency Medicine
- Health Insurance
- Medicare Health Plans
- Nursing Homes
- Private Practices
- Community Health Centers
- Home Health Care
- Rehabilitation Centers
Common Situations for Medical Interpretation Services (Video)
Benefits of Professional Medical Interpretation Services
Studies from Health Services Research have found the use of a qualified medical interpreter to have a positive impact on patient care. “Use of professional interpreters is associated with improved clinical care more than the use of ad hoc interpreters, and professional interpreters appear to raise the quality of clinical care for Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients to approach or equal that for patients without language barriers.”
Use of qualified medical interpreters have been associated with:
- Higher quality of clinical care
- Improved care
- Higher levels of patient satisfaction
- Fewer communication errors
- A greater comprehension of diagnoses and follow up care instructions
- Lower rates of readmission
Medical Interpretation Services to Fit Your Needs
When language barriers arise in medical settings, you need a language services provider that can respond quickly to the unique needs of your organization. Telelanguage Medical Interpretation and Translation Services provide the solutions you need to improve language access at every step of the patient journey. Certified Medical interpreters are available 24/7/365 days a year.
- Telephonic Interpretation
- Video Remote Interpretation
- On-Site Interpretation
- Document Translation of vital forms, and notifications
Confidentiality and Compliance
Telelanguage medical interpreters are superior-trained, experienced and certified. This process includes an in-depth understanding of medical terminology and procedure to provide the highest quality language interpretation for your patients – every time!
Confidentiality and security of patient information are critical to language access for medical facilities. Telelanguage provides 100% HIPAA compliant services, providing meaningful language access and compliance to meet the requirements of:
- Affordable Care Act, Section 1557 (ACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- The Joint Commission
Why Health Care Facilities are Switching to Telelanguage
- Medically trained and certified interpreters
- HIPAA Compliant Services
- Lower Cost
- Free Service Trial Programs
- Best-in-Industry Call Volume Discount Plans
- Proprietary Technology
- Quick interpreter connect to over 300 languages
Telelanguage helps healthcare and medical facilities increase overall patient satisfaction and experience, comply with government regulations and standards, and increase the quality of care for limited-English proficient patients… all while reducing interpretation costs to our clients, and connecting medical professionals with qualified medical interpreters faster than any other vendor.
Free Guide to Language Access Solutions in Healthcare – Download Your Free Copy!
This quick eBook resource will help your organization:
- Determine what interpreting solutions are right for your patients.
- Understand how quality language access programs positively impact patient care.
- Maximize your investment in healthcare language services.
Take your language support to the next level with Telelanguage. Ask us about our free service trial programs today!
Since 1991, Telelanguage has helped thousands of healthcare organizations to improve language access programs through high-quality medical interpretation services. Over 70% of our clients are health care entities. Join the medical professionals we help every day who use Telelanguage as their dedicated language services partner!
Certified medical interpreter team is ready to speak in over 300 languages!
Call Telelanguage today at 888-983-5352
Professional interpreter services available telephonically, face to face, or via video remote!