Education translation converts written language from a source language to a target language to aid educational institutions in providing students and families with meaningful written communication to further academic progress. Primary and secondary educational institutions, as well as higher education institutions who serve ELL, LEP, refugee, and international students will need to communicate with students and/or guardians verbally, as well as through written materials and correspondence. When working with students, parents, and guardians with limited-English proficiency, language interpretation and education translation are crucial aspects of providing equal opportunity for students to progress academically. Whether an educational institution is public or private, you need an education translation partner who understands the specific translation needs of education, and who can meet the demands of your institution.
Who Needs Education Translation Services:
Education institutions serving ELL, LEP, refugee, and foreign exchange students require interpretation and translation services to remain Title IV compliant and ensure that every student has the opportunity to progress academically. In addition to communicating with students, in many cases, interpreter services and translation services are also necessary to keep limited-English proficient parents and guardians informed about their child’s academic progress and needs.
Education Translation Services: Understanding Language Needs and Key Terms:
The Need for Education Translation and Language Access in Schools: By the Numbers
- In 2015, more than 4.8 million students enrolled in U.S. public schools were English Language Learners (ELL).
- As of 2016, almost 1 in 4 children in the U.S. (more the 12 million) speak a language other than English at home.
- Native Spanish speakers represent 77.1% of all ELL students.
- 18.7 Million U.S. children are first or second generation immigrants.
- 10 most commonly reported home languages of ELL students enrolled in public elementary and secondary schools: Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, Hmong, Russian, Haitian / Haitian Creole, Tagalog, and Korean.
- In the 2016-17 School Year, the United States hosted 1.1. million of the 4.6 million international students enrolled in higher education institutions.
- The total number of international students in the U.S. more than doubled from 2001-2017.
Education Translation: Elementary and Secondary Education
Elementary and Secondary Education (preschools and grades K-12) often require education language services for multilingual educational materials for students and parents with limited English proficiency. Education translation is a highly specialized task that requires accuracy, detail, and knowledge of specific terminology. When looking for a language services partner, be sure to understand the translation company’s proficiency in interpreting and translating for education institutions. At Telelanguage, our translators are subject-matter experts, which means we only use the most qualified translators. Our Translators go through specialized training in order to meet the unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience to ensure proficiency in education translation.
Commonly Translated Documents for Elementary and Secondary Education
- Diplomas for elementary, secondary, and High School
- Term papers
- Academic Records
- Teaching materials
- Early development and education materials
- Community Notices and Bulletins
- Report Cards
- Standard Letters
- Standard Email Communication Notices
- Testing Materials
- Brochures and Pamphlets
- Student/Parent Forms
- Legal Documents
- School Bus Schedules and After School / Extracurricular Activities
- Enrollment Information, Course Descriptions, and Class Schedules
Education Translation for Higher Education
According to the Community College Consortium for Immigrant Education (2015), Second-generation Americans, children born in the United States to immigrant parents, currently account for almost 20% of all U.S. college students and 24% of community college students. The challenge of acquiring and using a second language for academic purposes becomes greater in the later years of schooling as academic content becomes more rigorous and language becomes more precise. Interpreter and translation services in higher education help educational institutions respond to the educational needs of students in order to prepare them for their academic studies and professional careers. Telelanguage’s expertise in higher education language services comes from years of successful partnerships with public and private educational institutions.
Commonly Translated Documents for Higher Education Institutions
- Diplomas of professional education and higher education
- Academic references
- Academic publications
- Campus Information and Student Services
- Financial Aid Information
- Enrollment and Registration Information
- Brochures, Marketing, and Pamphlets
- Course Descriptions and Class Schedules
- Legal Documents
- GPA and Transcript Request Forms
- Testing/Lecture Materials
- Community Notices and Bulletins
Education Language Services: The Telelanguage Difference
With over 28 years of providing education translation services, Telelanguage understands the needs of educational institutions. We have been providing our customers with the highest quality of service since 1991, and we are a reliable and innovative leader of language services in education.
Learn more about the language support needs of students in K-12 and higher education settings. Download the Free Whitepaper!
Your Partner for Education Language Services
- On-Site Interpretation
- Telephonic Interpretation
- Video Remote Interpretation
- Certified and professional linguists. Translators are subject-matter experts.
- Over 5,000 interpreters. More than 300 languages.
- Complete education language services: Telephonic interpretation, Video Remote Interpretation, On-Site Interpretation, Document Translation
- Cultural Awareness Training and Free Support Materials to help staff communicate with LEP students and families.
- Responsive Support. Available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Flexible rate plans.
- Free Services Trial Programs
- Confidentiality Compliance
- Fastest Connect Times
Telelanguage provides interpretation and translation services to over 1,400 organizations throughout the United States. From on-site interpretation to document translation, telephonic interpretation to video remote interpretation, we can handle any of your language requests – regardless of organizational size. Contact us for a free quote or demo.