Customer support is the backbone of business, and offering multilingual support has become increasingly important for businesses and organizations. Research shows that consumers prefer to do business in their native language. Multilingual support is imperative to providing positive customer experiences and earning the trust of your non-English speaking or Limited-English-proficient customers. Even for businesses that operate domestically, there are 61.6 million individuals, both foreign and U.S. born, who speak a language other than English at home.
“The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary.” – Sam Walton.
Just how important is multilingual support to your customers? Here are 7 Findings That Businesses Should Know About the Importance of Offering Multilingual Support:
- According to a 2016 report by Common Sense Advisory, 74% of consumers are more likely to repurchase if after-sales care is offered in their language.
- In a 2014 report, ICMI found that 71.5% of customer service leaders interviewed “said support in a customer’s native language increased their satisfaction with customer support.
- A report on Global Consumer Online Buying Preferences by Common Sense Advisory found that people prefer to shop in their native language. 52.4% of 2,400 online customers surveyed only bought products in their native language. The percentage rose to over 60% in certain countries, like Japan and France.
- The same Common Sense Advisory report on Global Consumer Online Buying Preferences by Common Sense Advisory also revealed that 75% of people prefer to buy products in their native language.
- Companies lose more than $62 billion due to poor customer service. NewVoiceMedia
- For businesses with millennial consumers, a 2014 study by SDL showed that 32% of millennial consumers in English speaking countries prefer a language other than English, and 46% are more likely to purchase if information is presented in their preferred language.
- A 2014 survey of 3,000 online shoppers across 10 countries Finds that 60% Rarely or Never Buy from English-only Websites. 30% of the 3,002 respondents never buy at English-language sites, and another 29% rarely do. Common Sense Advisory.
Infographic: Why Offer Multilingual Customer Support?
Share this Image On Your Site
How can companies get ahead with multilingual support?
For businesses selling products online, that may mean website translation and localization. For those with call support, improving your customer experience may require over-the-phone interpretation. Translation of important documents can be helpful for many industries who need to have written communication with clients and customers. Video remote interpretation can be extremely effective when visual support of the interpreter is needed. Onsite interpreters may be necessary for meetings or appointments planned in advance and for complex, time-consuming issues.
Telelanguage has been helping organizations improve their multilingual support and customer experience since 1991. We offer a large network of 4000+ professional interpreters ready to speak in over 300 languages, available 24/7 365 days a year. Our translators are subject-matter experts to ensure that you get the most qualified translator for your project.
Our goal is to help our clients provide the highest quality language support. Telelanguage knows that when language barriers arise, customer
support is key. That’s why we offer full-time, dedicated customer support.
Connecting Humanity Through Technology: The Importance of Offering Language Services as an Organization
[DOWNLOAD THE FREE WHITE PAPER] to help you understand the importance and process of organizations utilizing interpreters and translators.
Are you ready to take your multilingual support to the next level? Contact Telelanguage today for a free demo and quote. We’re here to help you provide the highest quality language services for your clients and customers! Need a more reliable language services provider? Ask us about incentives and assistance for switching.
Connect to professional interpreters 24/7, 365 days a year
Schedule a Free Demo: 888-983-5352
Expert Interpretation & Translation Services Since 1991