The Manufacturing Industry plays an important role in our daily lives. As of 2020, there are 565,537 manufacturing businesses in the United States, and around 7.9% of the U.S. labor force is engaged in work related to the manufacturing industry.
A highly diverse sector of the economy, manufacturing companies have a need to communicate effectively in many languages. 1 in 4 U.S. organizations is losing business due to a lack of foreign language skills in the workforce. As the United States continues to become more linguistically and culturally diverse, language services in the manufacturing industry, including translation and interpretation services, are essential.
Whether you need over-the-phone interpreting, video remote interpreting, or translation of vital documents, Telelanguage offers complete language services in the manufacturing industry to meet the needs of multicultural clients, consumers, and workforces.
The Need for Language Skills in the Manufacturing Industry
The manufacturing industry is a culturally and linguistically diverse sector of the economy, representing a large number of immigrant workers. In fact, 12% of immigrants (or 23.8 million) work in the manufacturing industry.
Americans count on the manufacturing industry as an essential component of gross domestic product, which was $2.33 trillion in 2018, and drove 11.3% of U.S. economic output, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. Manufactured goods comprise half of U.S. exports. It also drives the economy, connecting over 7.6 million businesses with customers, suppliers, and workers.
A 2018 report addressing foreign language demand for U.S. employers by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) found that around one in four U.S. employers has lost business due to a lack of language skills in their workforce. The report finds that U.S. businesses have a strong need for foreign language skills, both domestically and internationally:
- 9 out of 10 U.S. employers rely on employees with language skills other than English, and 32% report a high dependency.
- 56% of U.S. employers say their foreign language demand will increase in the next five years.
- 1 in 3 foreign language-dependent U.S. employers reports a language skills gap.
- 1 in 4 U.S. employers lost business due to a lack of foreign language skills.
- 47% of Domestic-only U.S. employers and 25% of mostly-Domestic U.S. employers are experiencing foreign language needs.
Highest-Demand Languages Report the Greatest Shortages in Their Workforce:
Spanish: 85% of U.S. Employers report they are reliant on Spanish. 42% report a shortage of Spanish language skills.
Chinese: 34% of U.S. Employers report they are reliant on Chinese. 33% report a shortage of Chinese language skills.
French: 22% of U.S. Employers report they are reliant on French. 17% report a shortage of French language skills.
Japanese: 17% of U.S. Employers report they are reliant on Japanese. 18% report a shortage of Japanese language skills.
*One-third of U.S. employers reliant on foreign languages also report a foreign language skills gap.
Source: American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
4 Ways Language Services Benefit Manufacturing Companies
- Miscommunication errors drain time and resources. Language services in the manufacturing industry help lower costs by reducing time and resources spent on miscommunication errors.
- Overcoming language barriers can ensure that manufacturing companies have the language skills they need to stay competitive, which can have a positive impact on revenue.
- Providing language services ensures compliance with relevant legislation and industry standards.
- Implementing proper language access helps manufacturing companies run more efficiently and safely.
Language Services in the Manufacturing Industry: Who We Help
There are more than 350 languages spoken in U.S. homes today. Telelanguage serves the manufacturing industry with high-quality language services in order to provide your clients, customers, and workforce with the language support they need. Here are some key areas of the manufacturing industry that require language services:
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing
- Textile Products Manufacturing
- Clothing / Apparel Manufacturing
- Computer / Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Transportation and Automotive Manufacturing
- Furniture and Related Product Manufacturing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Ventilation, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Manufacturing
- Commercial / Service Industry Manufacturing
- Agricultural Manufacturing
Commonly Translated Documents for the Manufacturing Industry
- Technical Materials (user manuals, safety documents, reports, etc)
- Marketing Materials (promotional information, brochures, etc)
- Packaging and Labeling
- Legal Materials (contracts, user agreements, licenses, etc)
- Vital Forms
- Written Notices
- Signs and Notifications
- Written Communications
- Documents and Communications for Limited-English Proficient Workforce
Manufacturing Industry Market Size in the U.S.
According to IBISWorld, the manufacturing market size in the United States is $4.7tr in 2020, with exports accounting for nearly 20.0% of sector revenue.
Image Source: IBISWorld, Manufacturing in the US Market Size 2002–2026
Manufacturing Translation and Interpretation Solutions
When language barriers arise, you need a language services provider that can respond quickly to the needs of your organization. Transportation translation and interpretation services provide the solutions you need to improve communication with limited English proficient clients, customers, and workforce at every step of the journey. Certified interpreters are available 24/7/365 days a year.
Telelanguage helps manufacturing businesses eliminate language barriers by providing high-quality language services in over 300 languages. Manufacturing translation and interpretation services help businesses increase customer satisfaction, and comply with government regulations and industry standards.
Confidentiality and Compliance: Language Services You Can Trust
Telelanguage interpreters are superior-trained, experienced, and certified. In addition, Telelanguage translations are performed by experienced translators that are subject-matter experts. This process includes an in-depth understanding of industry-specific terminology and procedure to provide the highest quality language services in the manufacturing industry!
Telelanguage provides meaningful language access and compliance to meet the requirements of:
- Affordable Care Act, Section 1557 (ACA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- The Joint Commission
Why Manufacturing Companies are Switching to Telelanguage
- Superior-Trained and Certified Interpreters
- Translations Performed by Subject-Matter Experts
- Compliant with Government Regulations and Industry Standards
- On-Demand Language Services: Over-the-phone and Video Remote
- Free Service Trial Programs
- Best-in-Industry Call Volume Discount Plans
- 100% U.S. Based Workforce
Download the Free Telelanguage Whitepaper to learn more about the importance of offering language services as an organization.
Telelanguage provides communication and understanding in over 300 languages. Just as Americans depend on the manufacturing industry, you need interpretation and translation services that you can depend on. Join the thousands of organizations that trust Telelanguage as their dedicated language services partner.
Take your language support to the next level with Telelanguage. Join the thousands of organizations we serve every day who use Telelanguage as their dedicated language services partner. Contact us for a free quote!
Try Telelanguage Language Services at No Charge with Free Trial Minutes! Click here to see if you qualify.
6,000+ interpreters ready to speak in over 300 languages!
Call us today at 888-983-5352
Quality language interpretation and translation services.