More than 240 million calls are made to 911 call center each year. While emergency services professionals deal with urgent situations every day, a language barrier can heighten an already stressful event for all parties. What happens when the emergency caller doesn’t speak English? In the United States today, certified interpreters are available and ready to join emergency calls. Even if a 911 professional speaks the same language as the caller, a professional interpreter will ensure accuracy. 911 interpreters help bridge the gap in the emergency response chain.
911 Call Center: Emergency and Language Services
Interpreting during 911 emergency calls is one of the most skilled and difficult forms of interpretation. When language barriers arise during emergencies, quick connection to a professional interpreter can save lives. Telephonic interpreting provides an on-demand and fast path to eliminating language barriers.
911 Call Center: Language Interpretation and Emergency Services
Training Matters: 911 Call Center Interpretation
Due to the high-stress nature of 911 emergency calls, is it is critical that interpreters have special training for 911 call center interpreting. Telelanguage interpreters, in addition to 120 hours of TICP training, are also provided medical interpreting certification for working with 911 call center and emergency services. We require 120 Hours of Academic Medical Training & Healthcare Interpreting Ethics, which is well above the National Board of Medical Interpreters Requirements.
How Telelanguage Can Help Your 911 Call Center
- Flexible Rate Plans
- Telelanguage offers Call Volume Discount Plans exclusively for Emergency/911 call center clients. These plans are considered to be the best in the industry.
- Contract renewal policy guarantees zero rate increases.
- Free Service Trial Programs where you can test our services before entering into an agreement.
- Quick interpreter connect in over 300 languages.
- Superior trained and certified interpreters.
- 100% U.S. based workforce.
- Telelanguage’s proprietary technology guarantees zero outages during national emergencies.
- Free Cultural Awareness training to our emergency/911 clients to know how to work with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) patients.
- All interpreter reference materials to assist in effective communication with LEP callers are provided for free.
[DOWNLOAD] the Free White Paper on the Importance of Providing Language Services as an Organization.
When seconds matter, you need a language service provider you can trust. Telelanguage has been providing 911 interpreters and emergency services language support since 1991.
Contact Telelanguage for more information about improving language services in your 911 call center.
Connect to certified 911 interpreters in seconds!
Quality in language services since 1991. | 300+ languages available 24/7/365!