Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is at the forefront of language access technology. If you currently use language interpreting services, chances are that you have heard of this service, but you may be thinking, “What is it exactly, and how can it benefit my company or service?” As a trusted language service provider across multiple industries for the past 25 years, we know the importance of effective communication, and in this post, you will learn:
- What is Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
- Who can benefit from VRI Services; and
- 3 key benefits of VRI
What is Video Remote Interpreting?
Video remote interpreting (VRI) is an on-demand video telecommunication service that uses devices such as web cameras, videophones or tablets over a high-speed internet connection to provide American Sign Language (ASL) or spoken language interpreting services. This is done through a remote or offsite interpreter while the English-speaking party and LEP individual are in the same location. A Video Remote interpreter
Who Can Benefit From Video Remote Interpreting Services?
Video Remote Interpreting is the perfect solution for a number of different industries, including healthcare, 9-1-1 emergency, business, government, education, and more.
VRI provides a unique opportunity to connect with your clients and community on a more personal level than telephonic interpreting. Video Remote Interpretation Services bridge the gap between over-the-phone interpreting and onsite interpreting, maintaining the personalization of an in-person experience and visual connection, but with the on-demand convenience of fast connect times and the highest level of accuracy.
Another bonus of using a Video Remote Interpreter is that is can be very budget-effective. A conventional on-site interpreter typically requires at least a two-hour minimum charge and possibly mileage and travel charges. A VRI will likely not have an hourly minimum or extra expenses associated.
3 Key Benefits of Video Remote Interpreting
- Accuracy – The visual support associated with Video Remote Interpreting can provide enhanced accuracy for spoken language and American Sign Language (ASL).
- Non-Verbal Communication – Seeing the facial expressions of the interpreter via VRI, and knowing they understood what was said and the ability to confirm the meaning of non-verbal communication can enhance the interpreting experience.
- Immediacy and Connections – Video Remote Interpreting provides fast connect times for situations requiring immediate connections in which visual communication with the interpreter is necessary, or when a more personal connection will help the conversation.
Telelanguage offers industry-certified interpreters across a number of industries. Our video remote interpreting service is ASL-VRI is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. We currently have a number of clients utilizing our Video Remote Interpreting service and we would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you determine in VRI is right for your company or service. Have questions? Contact Telelanguage today!
Telelanguage offers 2000+ interpreters ready to speak in 250 languages!
Call us today for a Free Demo at 888-983-5352
Quality and expert interpretations are available telephonically, face to face, or video remote!